Mr. Simon Wong, MH, FCILT
– Honorary Advisor
The Logistics and Supply Chain MultiTech R&D Centre
- 香港物流發展局成員 (LOGSCOUNCIL)
- 香港物流發展局業界發展小組成員 (LOGSCOUNCIL)
- 第三方物流服務供應商資助先導計劃管理委員會成員 (LOGSCOUNCIL)
- 運輸署 – 智慧交通基金專責小組顧問
Mr Simon K Y Wong is the Chief Executive Officer of the Logistics and Supply Chain MultiTech R&D Centre (LSCM). LSCM was established in 2006 by the HKSAR Government and charged with the mission to research and develop relevant technical solutions to serve the logistics, construction and eCommerce industries in Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area.
Mr Wong has more than 30 years of working experience in the commercial sector. Before joining LSCM, Mr Wong held a number of technology development and management positions in Hong Kong and Taiwan. Mr Wong worked at the General Electric Company between 1996 and 2004, and he was the President of GE Appliances Asia from 1999 to 2004. Mr Wong joined Johnson Electric in 2004 as the President of JE Trading Limited. He was highly involved in developing supply chain solutions for customers and exploring new business models. Mr Wong then joined LSCM as the Chief Executive Officer in 2011.
Education and Qualification
Mr Wong holds a master degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the University of California, Berkeley, United States.
Currently, he is serving the following posts:
- Member of Hong Kong Logistics Development Council (LOGSCOUNCIL)
- Member of Subcommittee on Industry Development (SID) of LOGSCOUNCIL
- Member of the Management Committee of the Pilot Subsidy Scheme for Third-party Logistics Service Providers (LOGSCOUNCIL)
- Advisor of Transportation Department – Task Force on the Smart Traffic Fund
Member of HKTDC Logistics Services Advisory Committee
- Advisor of Smart City Taskforce of Federation of Hong Kong Industries (FHKI) Innovation and Technology Development Committee (ITDC)
- Member of the Communications Authority
- Member of BIP Asia Steering Committee 2022
- Panel Member of Assessment Panel of the Innovation and Technology Fund for Better Living
- Honorable Advisor of The Chamber of Hong Kong Logistics Industry
- Honorary Advisor of Hong Kong Sea Transport & Logistics Association (HKSTLA)